lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-4.x-java7 - Build # 204 - Failure
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 19:09:52 GMT
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> FWIW: i just tried the reproduce line from this failure and confirmed that
> in my JVM, these SAX exceptions are *not* localized (I knew i had testsed
> enough locale iters to have seem plenty of non 'en' locales!) ... so
> there's definitely still some variablity in the reproducability of our
> tests and how various JVMs work....
>
> ant test  -Dtestcase=CoreContainerCoreInitFailuresTest -Dtests.method=testFlowBadFromStart
-Dtests.seed=769CD3367D6B0633 -Dtests.multiplier=3 -Dtests.slow=true -Dtests.locale=es_CO
-Dtests.timezone=Asia/Bangkok -Dtests.file.encoding=US-ASCII

> ...anyone know what controls if/when things like SAXParseException
> messages get localized?

Hoss and I debugged this. This is a bug in java7.

in java6 it works correctly. in java7 Exception.getMessage returns a
localized message. But it should not do this, it should only do this
in getLocalizedMessage.

--
lucidimagination.com