lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr 3.6.0 javadocs are missing from the site
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:12:56 GMT
my problem is the unversioned url. with this links break, but in subtle
ways. another horrible example of this is old news blurbs for previous
releases, because they use an unversioned redirect url so they go to the
wrong place. that's why I removed old news blurbs.

these unversioned links should die, die, die. but can we compromise here?
instead can we have api-3 and api-4, etc. we realize some external links
could still break, but given our back compat policy it should be rare...