lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: SynonymFilter, FST, and Aho-Corasick algorithm
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:26:06 GMT
> I think a lot of this could be fixed with examples and docs, which

We use a simple ANT task that extracts snippets of code from Java
(very often unit tests) and include these in JavaDocs, unfortunately
by post-processing. See the example here:

http://download.carrot2.org/stable/javadoc/

and the sources (linked) are here:

https://github.com/carrot2/carrot2/blob/df49d66087d0da9e87043e13a400ac148952a41c/applications/carrot2-examples/examples/org/carrot2/examples/clustering/ClusteringDocumentList.java

As you can see there are simple tags of the form:

[[[start:clustering-document-list-intro]]]
[[[end:clustering-document-list-intro]]]

these get extracted to separate files which are then included in the
javadocs. Crude, but works. I'm sure it could be improved and probably
other folks have come up with a similar idea, I just don't know of
such attempts.

Dawid