lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux-Java7-64 - Build # 655 - Still Failing!
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 14:43:19 GMT
On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> I committed fixes for this, but things we should do:
>
> 1. Add checks to TestPostingsFormat that payloads work correctly when
> scanning over deleted documents, and change the values in the returned
> BytesRef itself from getPayload (bytes/offset/length) to ensure
> callers actually set all 3 of these in getPayload.

OK I confirmed (after some silly fixes) TestPostingsFormat would have
caught this bug (separately it also caught a reuse bug in SimpleText)
... so we'll have that coverage once we merge back to trunk.

> 2. we should probably also document in DocumentsAndPositionsEnum that
> you should not change the actual *bytes* pointed to by the payloads
> bytesref (unless we want to add arraycopies in these PFs that return
> slices of some inner datastructure).

I committed a fix to D&PEnum.getPayload stating this.

Thanks Robert!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com