lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1357027 - /lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/test/org/apache/solr/search/TestRealTimeGe t.java
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 18:37:39 GMT
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> Yonik: would make sense to at least trigger this in the nightly?...
>
> final int deleteByQueryPercent = TEST_NIGHTLY ? (1+random().nextInt(7)) : 0;

If the intention is to reduce time required for the test ... I would
rather reduce iterations / stop time / etc, than reduce test coverage
like this (by disabling testing delete-by-query).

But maybe the intention was to temporarily avoid failures because
there were known bugs in distributed delete-by-query that yonik is
working on (SOLR-3559?), and he plans to re-enable once they are
fixed?

Or maybe some other unexpected reason?

In any event when reducing test coverage suddenly like this, Yonik,
please do a more thorough job explaining why.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com