lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.NotAnException
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:25:17 GMT
Most likely the indexing threads using a base-class method to generate
some random values for a doc?

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's just a little funny.
>
> Just started a long run of ChaosMonkeyNothingIsSafeTest and after a while I saw this
flash by:

> java.lang.IllegalStateException: This Random was created for/by another thread (Thread[TEST-TestScope-org.apache.solr.cloud.ChaosMonkeyNothingIsSafeTest.testDistribSearch-seed#[2EDBF53611C44F4C],5,RandomizedRunner-SuiteThreadGroup-org.apache.solr.cloud.ChaosMonkeyNothingIsSafeTest]).
Random instances must not be shared (acquire per-thread). Current thread: Thread[Thread-52,5,RandomizedRunner-SuiteThreadGroup-org.apache.solr.cloud.ChaosMonkeyNothingIsSafeTest]
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.AssertingRandom.checkValid(AssertingRandom.java:139)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.AssertingRandom.nextBoolean(AssertingRandom.java:43)
>         at org.apache.solr.cloud.ChaosMonkey$1.run(ChaosMonkey.java:353)
> Caused by: com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.NotAnException: Original allocation stack
for this Random (allocated by Thread[TEST-TestScope-org.apache.solr.cloud.ChaosMonkeyNothingIsSafeTest.testDistribSearch-seed#[2EDBF53611C44F4C],5,RandomizedRunner-SuiteThreadGroup-org.apache.solr.cloud.ChaosMonkeyNothingIsSafeTest])