lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn v Groningen <martijn.v.gronin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1363272 - /lucene/dev/trunk/lucene/test-framework/src/java/org/apache/lucene/util/LuceneTestCase.java
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:43:37 GMT
> That is wanted! We want to test SlowMultiReaderWrapper and verify that it really behaves
like a full conformant AtomicReader. Because of that we sometimes war with it. The fix Robert
did is fine and is identical to the one we did in the past. As this is no real Lucene usage
pattern, not detecting the obvious cache violation is wanted here.
Ok. I was just wondering about the fact that a toplevel readercontext
is given as argument to Collector#setNextReader(). It confused me, but
as you said it is no real Lucene usage pattern.

> For incorrect Lucene usage (like getting a field cache entry on a slow wrapper), we can
still warn the user. Buf for tests this insanity is wanted by the wrapping.
I think the SlowCompositeReaderWrapper jdocs warns the user already
enough, so that is fine for now.

Martijn