lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: literalsOverride param in Solr Cell doesn't exist???
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 00:09:52 GMT
Thank you!  I didn't real so much had gone on between the two cuts.  That explains things!
 It's totally an edge case, and a good incentive to "ship it"!

Eric

On Jul 21, 2012, at 7:50 PM, Jack Krupansky wrote:

> Interesting logistical issue - wiki tagging as to what is in "4.0" vs. "4.0 Alpha". So,
this feature is in "4.0" but not "4.0 Alpha".

> The 4.0 Alpha download artifacts are dated 6/29 and this change was dated 6/27. The "staged"
artifacts are dated 6/25, so this change just missed the Alpha cutoff.

> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Eric Pugh
> Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:20 PM
> To: dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: literalsOverride param in Solr Cell doesn't exist???
>
> I was playing around with Solr Cell, and I think I found a bug in the docs: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler.
 I was trying to use "literalsOverride=true" to override what Tika was returning with my own
data, and no joy.  Digging around in the 4.0 Alpha tagged code, I can't find this parameter...

> I expected it in org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingParams, but no luck.  Looking
for some confirmation that I'm not just blind, and if so I'll update the wiki.

> Eric

> Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
> Co-Author: Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server available from http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book
> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential
unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.