lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <alan.woodw...@romseysoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: Updateable DocValues
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:35:09 GMT
Hi Simon,

That sounds like a good place to start - I'll have a play with FieldNormUpdater and see if
I can hack it into something basic that works, and then open a JIRA.

Alan

On 25 Jul 2012, at 15:03, Simon Willnauer wrote:

> hey alan,
>
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Alan Woodward
> <alan.woodward@romseysoftware.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking at implementing some fairly hairy ACLs using Solr post-filtering functionality,
storing the ACL information in DocValues for quick lookup.  Some of this information will
need to change frequently.  When DocValues were first announced a while back, it was suggested
that they could be 'independently updateable' - i.e. you could make changes to them without
reindexing the whole document.  I've been nosing around the code, and haven't found anything
that looks like an update API though.  Has this actually been implemented?  Or if not, how
tricky would it be to implement, given the existing implementation?  I'm guessing it would
need to be done via Codecs.