lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Gautier Koscielny <kosci...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Replication and proxy settings
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:43:10 GMT
Hello,

 I work near Cambridge at the EMBL-EBI and I would like to contribute to SOLR.

Our current project involved 2 teams developing a full text search service based on SOLR 3.6.

We have had issues when trying to replicate a master copy of an index to a slave using HTTP
proxy settings passed to the JRE.

To solve this issue, I've created a copy of the SnapPuller and the ReplicationHandler, modified
the code to manage
proxy settings and modified the configuration of the SOLR slave to use this new handler.
We have tested the replication using proxy settings in our environment with success.

What I would like to do now is to apply these changes to the SnapPuller directly:
	-  check proxy settings before creating the httpClient
	-  apply the proxy setting to the httpClient HostConfiguration.

I don't want to patch 3.6 and would like to apply the change to SOLR 4.

Please, tell me what do you think about this change and if I can proceed.

What is the usual procedure to commit code?

Best regards,
Gautier