lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux-Java8-64 - Build # 15 - Failure!
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:16:24 GMT
Formatted exception messages for non-scalar values is highly desirable, if
not essential. Not just that a map/list does not match, but how it doesn't
match - missing keys, extra keys, which key values differ (which can be a
recursive process).

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawid Weiss
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 7:43 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux-Java8-64 - Build # 15 -
Failure!

We use (and like) fest asserts. The syntax is nice but what's even
nicer are formatted exception messages for arrays, maps, etc. so you
get the idea what the mismatch was.

http://code.google.com/p/fest/

see fluid assertions; or here a new 2.x line of development:
https://github.com/alexruiz/fest-assert-2.x/wiki

Dawid