lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sean O'Connor <>
Subject Re: Using LUCENE-2878 in Solr, e.g. PositionQueryComponent
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:29:42 GMT
All feedback welcome, especially since I am getting oriented on several
things at once (lucene jira practices, solr 5, lucene-2878....).

Term vectors are probably just a distraction, so assuming positions()
doesn't need them, I will work on getting the bare minimum for an
example implementation of 2878 in solr. NB: for my personal interest
positions are interesting and will eventually provide the bulk of
scoring for my analysis, offsets are/were nice for my customized
highlighting or results-in-context.

So assuming I follow your suggestion, I will open a new JIRA with the
intent of getting the configuration right for adding position intervals
to solr response. In short, put a starter component, unit test, and
solrconfig in the issue along with my notes in case they provide useful
Thanks for the help,

On 07/24/2012 03:09 PM, Robert Muir wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Sean O'Connor <> wrote:
>>   * I picked the schema field 'test_posofftv' in an attempt to use a
>>     field stored with vectors, positions, offsets...
> Sorry thsi is just a nitpick on one of your notes but it reminded me:
> Do you actually need term vectors for some other purpose? These are
> unnecessary for the positions intervals (they use the positions in the
> postings lists).
> For offsets, hmm Solr has no way to actually configure that a field
> should store offsets into the postings. Do you want to open a jira
> issue?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message