lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sean O'Connor <sean...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using LUCENE-2878 in Solr, e.g. PositionQueryComponent
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:29:42 GMT
All feedback welcome, especially since I am getting oriented on several
things at once (lucene jira practices, solr 5, lucene-2878....).

Term vectors are probably just a distraction, so assuming positions()
doesn't need them, I will work on getting the bare minimum for an
example implementation of 2878 in solr. NB: for my personal interest
positions are interesting and will eventually provide the bulk of
scoring for my analysis, offsets are/were nice for my customized
highlighting or results-in-context.

So assuming I follow your suggestion, I will open a new JIRA with the
intent of getting the configuration right for adding position intervals
to solr response. In short, put a starter component, unit test, and
solrconfig in the issue along with my notes in case they provide useful
context?
Thanks for the help,

Sean