lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Source branches for 3.6.1 and 4.0-Alpha
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:51:31 GMT
Ah, okay, I think I have it now. So as a general proposition, the source code to match any
release can be found here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/tags/

It would be helpful for the “version control” web pages for Lucene and Solr to clearly
direct people as to “release source” vs. “development source”. And to directly list
links for recent releases/development branches.

(BTW, I notice that the Lucenet “version control” page needs to have its copyright date
bumped up.)

Thanks.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Uwe Schindler
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:32 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Source branches for 3.6.1 and 4.0-Alpha

FYI:

This ist he commit message of the Lucene 3.6.1 “tag”:

Author: uschindler

Date: Sat Jul 21 16:47:03 2012

New Revision: 1364123

Log:

The vote has passed, tag release 3.6.1. Publishing artifacts will start soon.

Added:

    lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_3_6_1/   (props changed)

      - copied from r1362471, lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_3_6/

This marks the exact revision number of the release. The tag is not used for new commits (it
could be used for that, but that’s a break to common SVN usage). It’s there just to checkout
the exact source. Development stays on the branch.

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de