lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Possible test framework improvement
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:41:35 GMT

: In my opinion, the separate JVMs should not produce test failures or
: affect each other, because every JVM gets its own temporary directory
: for running tests and creating indexes.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that opinion -- but having a
common opinion doesn't magically make it a fact.

The entire point of sami's suggestion is that if a test fails, it would be
nice to have the info needed to determine what other tests were running at
the same time, regardless of the JVM, so you can investigate wether
something in those tests is the cause of the problem and fix them.

ie: tests in seperate JVMs shouldn't affect eachother, but in spite of
best intentions they might, and having timestamps would help discover
that.

-Hoss