lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sami Siren <ssi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible test framework improvement
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:29:42 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>>   [junit4] Suite: org.apache.solr.analysis.TestKeepFilterFactory
>>   [junit4] Completed on J0 in 0.22s, 1 test
>>
>> If that also had a time stamp when the test started it would be, in
>> some cases, helpful to see what other tests were running at the same
>
> The event log contains this information, it's the console report that
> doesn't print it.
> Lack of space is the primary reason but so is the question how
> accurate the timestamp should be and what format
> should it be in...

For my purposes the actual format (and after thinking about this
little more: the output in succesful test run) is less important than
seeing what were the tests running while a failing test was running. I
see that there's now output like this:

NOTE: All tests run in this JVM: [TestArabicFilters,
SoftAutoCommitTest, TestPatternTokenizerFactory, NoCacheHeaderTest,
SpellingQueryConverterTest,
TestDictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory,
TestJapaneseKatakanaStemFilterFactory, TestXIncludeConfig,
TestNorwegianLightStemFilterFactory, TestLRUCache,
TestStopFilterFactory, UniqFieldsUpdateProcessorFactoryTest,
TestPerFieldSimilarity, MBeansHandlerTest, TestLFUCache,
CopyFieldTest, TestPluginEnable, TestGroupingSearch, SuggesterTest]

So how about if something similar was printed from different aspect:

NOTE: All tests that were running at the same time: [TestA, TestB, TestC]

--
 Sami Siren