lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible test framework improvement
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:59:52 GMT
I don't think any tests are writing to the source tree anymore: see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3112,
Jenkins runs 'svn status' after all tests execute and fails the build
if its not clean.

So I think the only likely possibilities for test interference across
JVMS are things like using same temp directory outside of the source
tree or under some svn-ignore'd part of the source tree, or using the
same network port numbers, etc.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> In my opinion, the separate JVMs should not produce test failures or affect each other,
because every JVM gets its own temporary directory for running tests and creating indexes.

> Lucene respects this completely, so running 2 test suites in parallel acts like running
them on different machines or different users. The only problem is a few Solr tests, that
don’t use the correct temporary directory and write to solr/core/src/test (maybe that’s
already fixed).

> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler