lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: Use of @Slow annotation on tests
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:15:37 GMT
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Dawid Weiss <> wrote:
> Hi. I would like to change the use of @Slow. Currently only this test:
> Test2BTerms#test2BTerms
> is annotated with this annotation. I don't know how slow it really is,

couple of hours :)

> My motivation is that I would like to be able to run a "quick" test
> run from time to time and for this I'd like to skip the slowest, most
> time-consuming tests. I could do it by running:
> ant -Dtests.slow=off
> currently this isn't possible. Looking forward to hearing from you.

+1! Of course from time to time we should try to fix these slow tests
to not be slow. I know last I looked at this was in january and now
tests are taking about twice as long... but its an uphill battle and I
agree we should have a way to skip these bad apples.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message