lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove seek-back in terms dict / fold appending codec into default?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:42:38 GMT

> We could do even better - remove seek from IndexOutput.

I'm not sure we should do that: most filesystems support this and I
don't think we should limit developers by removing it (many people
could care less about hdfs etc). I also don't think it matters to nuke
this from our alternative terms index impls (e.g. VariableGap).

Anyway, I think those matters can be a separate issue: I do think it
might be worth it to remove the seeks in our default term dictionary
implementation though.

--
lucidimagination.com