lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible test framework improvement
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:40:18 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>> So I think the only likely possibilities for test interference across
>> JVMS are things like using same temp directory outside of the source
>> tree or under some svn-ignore'd part of the source tree, or using the
>> same network port numbers, etc.
>
> Temp directories shouldn't be a problem if they're acquired properly
> (cwd is different for each jvm, temp file creation should be atomic?).

Right, i just meant in the theoretical sense: for example, if
foo-dependency-1.0.jar does stuff with java.io.tmpdir it could create
an issue correct? or does the test runner also set this sysprop to the
"sandbox" dir for slave jvms (if it doesn't already but can, that
would be very cool, more safety).

--
lucidimagination.com