lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: post alpha 1 entries in CHANGES.txt
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 02:33:35 GMT
I think thats fine: basically the reason the RC has a revision # is
for purposes like this.

If the alpha vote succeeds, I would (myself, personally, my
responsibility) simply move this stuff under BETA in the branch.

The alternative is to actually make a proper branch for the beta, but
I personally think thats overkill on everyone else since its easy to
just deal with a rev #.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> I put a new changes entry after the alpha under the 4-Alpha release in CHANGES.txt for
Solr.

> I missed the discussion if there was one, but if we plan to have a CHANGES section for
alphas and betas, let me know, and I'll move that entry when we start a new section.

> We should add the next section soon if we are going to so it's clear what direction we
are taking.

> - Mark Miller
> lucidimagination.com

lucidimagination.com