lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 4.0-ALPHA
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 05:31:03 GMT
It only means there is a vote for 4.0 alpha. if it succeeds, we will
support the index format (with the caveat if there is a huge blocker
bug, we will fix it correctly, but I think this caveat generally
always applies to any release really).

If the vote fails, we might need to change the format. I encourage
everyone to take a hard look at the 4.0 index format and look for
problems.

The whole point of the alpha is to provide this guarantee so that its
not just a nightly build that we blessed, but something that will
actually encourage adoption and hopefully result in useful feedback.
Its definitely not a trivial guarantee and we should take it really
seriously, but I feel pretty good about it after LUCENE-4055 and
LUCENE-4087.

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 7:16 AM, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does this mean there are no more index format change plans in the
> pipeline for 4.0?
>

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please vote to release these artifacts: http://s.apache.org/lusolr40arc0
>>
>> --