lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Possible test framework improvement
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:47:52 GMT
> foo-dependency-1.0.jar does stuff with java.io.tmpdir it could create
> an issue correct? or does the test runner also set this sysprop to the
> "sandbox" dir for slave jvms (if it doesn't already but can, that
> would be very cool, more safety).

True, we could alter java.io.tmpdir. There is actually a snippet of
code in randomized testing that creates new temporary directories and
files on demand in a way that their names contain creation timestamps
(simplifies connecting temporary files to tests which created them...)
but I didn't want to change everything at once to make the learning
curve easier.

I agree java.io.tmpdir could be redirected though, it makes sense.

Dawid