lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Suppressing list doesn't take effect when -Dtests.postingsformat is used
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 09:30:08 GMT
Robert's patch looks good to me. Perhaps we could just move the entire
assumption to that rule (I don't have the code open so I don't know
where this is called, but I think it should be determined as soon as
possible and once).

Dawid

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>> The actual source of the problem is that suppression applies to codec.getName
>> and enforcing a TEST_POSTINGSFORMAT means  Lucene40Codec is created
>> which always returns Lucene40 from getName(). A simple fix would be to allow
>> changing the returned name for Lucene40.
>
> I don't think we should do this! Making it un-final destroys the whole concept behind
it. SPI relies on a constant name and this enforces the codec API to behave correctly. If
it can suddenly return a different name the consistency between codec file format and loaded
codec is no longer preserved.