lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <>
Subject Random testing performance (theoretical)
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:42:11 GMT
An interesting link was given to me today:

"The Central Limit Theorem Makes Random Testing Hard"

Just recently I had a talk at a local university
( and the low
theoretical probability of hitting _any_ sensible bug was also raised
as a concern. This is in stark contrast to what we see in practice,
isn't it? It is an interesting phenomenon because it means that (among
other possible explanations) the parameter/ search space of random
tests is just ridden with failures and exceptions and bugs and even
with close-to-zero probability we still hit a lot of them :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message