lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Uwe Schindler <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Re: How to start apache solr automatically in linux server for drupal 7
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:12:37 GMT
Hi,

Install the "daemon" Linux package. This one allows to correctly fork processes into background.
It also creates PID files and set the user account on starting. After that you only need a
upstart (e.g. used on ubuntu) or init.d script to start it on boot. Alternatively add it as
@reboot cron job for any user it should run under.

Uwe
--
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, 28213 Bremen

Arun Kumar <ak@novalnet-solutions.com> schrieb:

Hello all,

  I am a newbie to drupal.

  I am working on drupal commerce for an ecommerce site.Here i need to implement apache solr
search for autocomplete of product search .

For this function , am running "java -jar start.jar" comand in apache-solr directory.

I need this to be automatic in server.We using linux/SUSE server.How can i start apache-solr
automatically in linux/SUSE server.

Please provide guidelines to me.

THanks
Arun