lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove "via"
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:42:59 GMT

On Jun 6, 2012, at 8:26 AM, Dawid Weiss wrote:

> If you have contributed to
> the issue and your gut feeling is you're part of the patch's effort,
> you should include yourself as the author.

Personally, I prefer the current std - where a strong review and the taking of responsibility
earns you a via rather than an authorship tag. I only add myself as an author if I actually
contribute more than a trivial change to the code. I have much lower stds for other non committers,
if they contribute to discussion in a powerful way, I will add them, but that is my own committer
std.

In the case of review and responsibility, I do think it should not diminish from the true
author by adding yourself as an author - and I think via has been great for that.

I think the two are a bit mutually exclusive for what I want. I like the current std.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com