lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mihai Soloi <mihai.so...@gmail.com>
Subject Checksum mismatch in segments file
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:55:51 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm Mihai, a GSoC student, and I'm implementing an HBaseDirectory for
Lucene [1] in order to use it on James mailbox indexing. I've
implemented HIndexOutput/Input, they're persisting the segments file
just fine in an HBase table, but when I try to get an IndexWriter from
my directory, it reads the segment_N file but due to the check in
SegmentInfos the current checksum is different from the persisted one.
I've tried finding a solution but I can't reach one. Do you guys have
any idea why this happens? This is the stack trace:

org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: checksum mismatch in
segments file (resource: ChecksumIndexInput(anonymous IndexInput))
     at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:335)
     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileDeleter.<init>(IndexFileDeleter.java:182)
     at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:1168)
     at
org.apache.james.mailbox.lucene.hbase.IndexingTest.getWriter(IndexingTest.java:82)
     at
org.apache.james.mailbox.lucene.hbase.IndexingTest.testIndexWriter(IndexingTest.java:123)

[1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/mailbox-lucene-index-hbase/