lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Bowyer <gbow...@fastmail.co.uk>
Subject Re: Welcome Greg Bowyer
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 00:13:46 GMT
Why hello and thanks for the kind welcome

I guess in way of a biography I would say that I am a hacker; originally
from London, although I have run away for the sunnier shores of California.

For a long time I have has a wide and strange set of interests within
computer science, but I started to become really interested in search
engines in 2009 partly as fallout from an ongoing love of machine
learning and partly due to a project that I worked on with solr 1.3.

Outside of search engines I have an odd fetish for actually playing with
garbage collectors and other such low level nuts and bolts.

Since then I have joined a team working on search engines full time and
as a result I have made attempts to make a nuisance of myself with patches.

Other than software I have a lot of love for cooking, electronic music
and good beer - something I have a suspicion that other committers relish :D

I love opensource and think it is the natural state that all software
wants to be in, the fact that I have been invited to be a committer is
for me a massive honor and privilege.

-- Greg