lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject How much Lucene 4.0 capability is NOT in Solr 4.0?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 03:52:16 GMT
I was perusing email from this list and came across LUCENE-4069.  If it
is as good as it says, it looks like a fit for a couple of the fields in
my index.

I will admit that I don't entirely understand all of what's being said
regarding codecs, postings, and other such terms, but because I run a
distributed Solr index, I do understand that not all of Lucene's
functionality is available in Solr.  My question: How much of all the
new bells and whistles in 4.0 will be available in Solr without custom
coding?  In this specific instance, I would like to be able to use
LUCENE-4069, but my question is more general than that -- will it be
possible to take the official Solr 4.0 (or 4.1, or 4.2) download and
specify codecs and other details on a per-field basis?

Thanks,
Shawn