lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove "via"
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:14:03 GMT

On Jun 5, 2012, at 6:40 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> Opinions?

I disagree - I think it makes it really easy to track who actually did the commit (the person
*responsible* if it's a bad commit or a good commit) and I think there is some credit in a
committer applying someones patch. They are doing the review and taking responsibility for
the code change. I think *via* is pretty clear regarding credit, and I think it has value
in it's information. Even if you simply commit someone else work, *you* are contributing to
the issue. You better have reviewed it, you better be willing to take responsibility for it.

Appears I'm in the strong minority though.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com