lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-4.x-Windows-Java6-64 - Build # 115 - Failure!
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 07:35:32 GMT
> > service this seems undoable. Although I was logged in as the same user name
> on the machine's GUI, running "jstack <pid>" only produced "Access Denied".
>
> If you log in as an administrator (or with elevated privileges) you should be able
> to dump all jvm states.

I forgot about elevation. "JenkinsSlave" user account has admin rights, but only with elevation.
It is still unclear to me, why I cannot access the process ID that is running as Service with
exactly the same user account. The service is definitely running as "JenkinsSlave". On the
other hand, task manager only shows the job if I click on "Show Processes from all users"
(which might be related, but could also be that the service runs in another user session).

> Also, which is not so obvious, you should use the same
> JVM which you're trying to probe (if you use a different version weird things
> can happen).

Of course!

Uwe