lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Suppressing list doesn't take effect when -Dtests.postingsformat is used
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 07:54:09 GMT
> The actual source of the problem is that suppression applies to codec.getName
> and enforcing a TEST_POSTINGSFORMAT means  Lucene40Codec is created
> which always returns Lucene40 from getName(). A simple fix would be to allow
> changing the returned name for Lucene40.

I don't think we should do this! Making it un-final destroys the whole concept behind it.
SPI relies on a constant name and this enforces the codec API to behave correctly. If it can
suddenly return a different name the consistency between codec file format and loaded codec
is no longer preserved.

Uwe