lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Possible test framework improvement
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:16:33 GMT
In my opinion, the separate JVMs should not produce test failures or affect each other, because
every JVM gets its own temporary directory for running tests and creating indexes.

Lucene respects this completely, so running 2 test suites in parallel acts like running them
on different machines or different users. The only problem is a few Solr tests, that don’t
use the correct temporary directory and write to solr/core/src/test (maybe that’s already
fixed).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler