lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Solr-trunk - Build # 1865 - Failure
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 13:54:08 GMT

On May 25, 2012, at 9:00 AM, Sami Siren wrote:

> by ignoring the exception I was trying to say that it should be
> ignored from POV of test framework, ie not fail the build. I now
> understand that it might not actually solve the issue...

Yeah, I suppose if we could tell the test framework, for this test, ignore this expected uncaught
exception, that might help.

Usually you can work around this type of thing more cleanly though - so I don't know if it's
worth the effort or extra code - if this ends up being it's only use case, it's hard to argue
we add the capability. And I suspect it would mean conning dawid to suck it up and update
our test jars? I think it also has a lot of potential for abuse.

But the fail sucks too, so I don't know...

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com