lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: wiki software
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 14:42:23 GMT

On May 23, 2012, at 7:57 PM, Jan H√łydahl wrote:

> Agree with Grant that we need a better, more structured documentation set, per version.
> But let's first do what Ryan suggests - switch to Confluence - put all converted MoinMoin
pages in a separate legacy section of the Wiki.

> Then in phase II start an effort do do a fresh documentation for version 4.0 only, but
first outlining the structure and placeholder pages and then filling in the meat. A good thing
about Confluence is that we could probably use macros to link to SVN and Javadoc and in various
ways auto genereate parts of the docs.

I'll open up the JIRA issues.

> This way we can migrate Wiki software without being held up by the need to rewrite everything,
and we do not need to keep updating two systems.

I'm investigating ways to make this go smoother (maybe able to get some help to do this)