lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sami Siren <ssi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Solr-trunk - Build # 1865 - Failure
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 13:00:17 GMT
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 25, 2012, at 8:11 AM, Sami Siren wrote:
>
>> Just thinking out loud... shouldn't solr(cloud) manage such situation
>> gracefully?
>
> Currently, you can handle it gracefully if you up the graceful timeout in jetty. It's
easy enough to do that with the jetty we ship, but it's painful (extremely it seems) to do
it in tests.

> In any case, I don't think it hurts anything practically?

that was my point.

> the test framework picks up an uncaught exception in the thread, and our goose is cooked.

by ignoring the exception I was trying to say that it should be
ignored from POV of test framework, ie not fail the build. I now
understand that it might not actually solve the issue...

--
 Sami Siren