lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mixing dv types in one IW session
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 19:00:51 GMT
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Simon Willnauer
<simon.willnauer@googlemail.com> wrote:
> +1 I think we can easily build a "global" view of DV types like we do
> for field numbers and be consistent across DWPT

if we do this, i would rather extend the fieldnumbers and:
* throw exception if indexOptions conflict (e.g. omitTF=true versus
false) instead of silently dropping positions on merge
* same with omitNorms
* same with norms types and docvalues types
* still keeping field numbers consistent

this way i think we could eliminate all these traps and just give an
exception instead.

--
lucidimagination.com