lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Solr-trunk - Build # 1865 - Failure
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 14:16:48 GMT
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 25, 2012, at 9:00 AM, Sami Siren wrote:
>
>> by ignoring the exception I was trying to say that it should be
>> ignored from POV of test framework, ie not fail the build. I now
>> understand that it might not actually solve the issue...
>
> Yeah, I suppose if we could tell the test framework, for this test, ignore this expected
uncaught exception, that might help.

> Usually you can work around this type of thing more cleanly though - so I don't know
if it's worth the effort or extra code - if this ends up being it's only use case, it's hard
to argue we add the capability. And I suspect it would mean conning dawid to suck it up and
update our test jars? I think it also has a lot of potential for abuse.

the exception-from-another-thread is just an uncaught exception
handler. you can replace it with your own that handles things
differently,
and restore the old one back.

Here's an example of one that does this when the exception is really a jvm bug:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_3_6/lucene/contrib/analyzers/common/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/miscellaneous/PatternAnalyzerTest.java

--
lucidimagination.com