lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Clean-jars.
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 21:16:23 GMT
Ok, that quick fix I thought would work -- it won't. I'll fix it
properly (or rather hack around intellij problems) in LUCENE-4054.

Dawid

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> Thanks, Dawid
>
> The result is strange - a red (X) still appears next to this test, but the overall result
bar stays green, and the same exception gets printed out.

of IntelliJ, but it should be possible in the next release: <http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-84037>

> Steve

still be run by intellij runner (unless you know of a way to restrict it to Test* classes)
but will be ignored.

> Dawid
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>>> After updating, I ran through all of the module test run configurations on IntelliJ,
and one test failed:

>> Eh. This one is again a test that normally shouldn't be included in
>> the suite (nested class). It is meant to fail because it's actually
>> testing that assertion in LuceneTestCase... I'll see what I can do.
>>
>> Dawid
>>

>>> --------
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: There are overridden methods annotated with org.junit.Before.
These methods would not be executed by JUnit and need to manually chain themselves which can
lead to maintenance problems. Consider using different method names or make hook methods private.
>>> Method: public void
>>> org.apache.lucene.util.junitcompat.TestBeforeAfterOverrides$Before1.b
>>> efore()#before[] possibly overriden by public void
>>> org.apache.lucene.util.junitcompat.TestBeforeAfterOverrides$Before3.b
>>> efore()#before[]
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.lucene.util.ValidateNoInstanceHooksOverrides.checkNoShadow
>>> s(ValidateNoInstanceHooksOverrides.java:68)
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.lucene.util.ValidateNoInstanceHooksOverrides.validate(Vali
>>> dateNoInstanceHooksOverrides.java:45)
>>>        at
>>> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.runCustomValidato
>>> rs(RandomizedRunner.java:1357)
>>>        at
>>> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.runSuite(Randomiz
>>> edRunner.java:595)
>>>        at
>>> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.access$400(Random
>>> izedRunner.java:132)
>>>        at
>>> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$2.run(RandomizedR
>>> unner.java:551)
>>> --------
>>>
>>> Steve

resolve' sequence? I am also tempted to make ant clean perform a cleanup of jar files since
anything else (ant test, etc.) does a resolve anyway...