lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: hudson hung
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 10:39:24 GMT
> Can I use the randomized.jar with Lucene 3.6 test-framework? I guess not

Yes and no. You'd need to integrate the sources (LuceneTestCase) with
the runner first (@RunWith(RandomizedRunner.class)). I haven't tested
3.6 but there are nuances that go beyond trivial substitutions. See
the patch when this was done for the trunk and you'll see how large
the commit was.

> because the Timeout annotation doesn't work - I added it with millis=10 but
> a test ran for 20 seconds uninterrupted.

It's because this annotation is supported only by the runner above.
The default JUnit runner doesn't know anything about it so it's
ignored.

> Also, what I did with JUnit's timeout is control the timeout through a
> system property -- how do I do that with the randomized timeout?

Yes, you can control the timeouts globally via
-Dtests.timeout=[millis] (or an annotation on the superclass). Again,
this requires that a suite is executed under randomized runner (not
the default one from junit).

Dawid