lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: TestRealtimeGet on Windows
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 13:35:36 GMT
> How top get the seed? The test passed and I only see the ANT output like
> listed in the above URL. I only see the master seed, does this help to
> execute this one test isolated?

The master seed is what matters. Everything else is a derivation of
that -- if you filter (narrow down to a particular method) that method
will still get an identical starting seed derived from the master.
That's also the reason the master seed is always printed by junit4 as
in here:

    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7\solr\build\solr-core\test
   [junit4] <JUnit4> says aloha! Master seed: 4877EC7806E56AF3

Note that the execution here:
http://jenkins.sd-datasolutions.de/job/Windows-Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7/11/consoleText

had errors prior to the "long" test -- maybe this is what's causing
the slowdown somehow? I'd try to re-run the same set of classes with
the same master seed, without narrowing to that particular suite; may
be a dependency issue.

> Sorry, I am uninformed about randomizedrunner :-)

Not a problem. I'll try to provide feedback; ping me directly if I
miss an e-mail or a problem (it can happen given the amount of email
junk I get).

Dawid