lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Solr-trunk - Build # 1865 - Failure
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 16:26:57 GMT
>> Yeah, I suppose if we could tell the test framework, for this test, ignore this expected
uncaught exception, that might help.

The point of handling uncaught exceptions, thread leaks etc. at the
test framework's level is in the essence to capture bad tests or
unanticipated conditions, not failures that we know of or can predict.
So is interrupting leaked threads (because there is no way to do it
otherwise if you don't know anything about a given thread).

This said, there are obviously ways to handle the above situation --
from trying to speed up jetty shutdown to capturing that uncaught
error. Why is jetty so slow to shutdown? What does it mean "slow"?

> Tests went from 6 minutes for me, to 33 minutes.

I don't think this can be explained by shutting down jetty... this
seems too long. Can you provide a repeatable test case what would
demonstrate the failure you mentioned? Once I have it it'll be easier
to try to come up with workarounds.

Dawid