lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: -Dtests.iters not working?
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 13:31:07 GMT
> I tried to run a test with -Dtests.iters=100 and it doesn't work:
>
> -- from eclipse, nothing ran, not even once

What was your test definition (what did you try to run)? If it's a
single method then it's very likely that Eclipse filtered out all
repetitions -- JUnit uses "test description filtering" that doesn't
really comply with the notion of multiple executions of the same test
method (read: every method must have a unique description, otherwise
tools go crazy). RandomizedRunner expands reiterations of a given
method into multiple descriptions, each with a unique name. If you're
using a constant -Dtests.seed these may be filterable from the GUI but
otherwise they'll be different tests each time and so the filter will
remove all current method executions, leaving none.

In short: run a class (suite), not a specific method. If you want to
narrow down to a specific method, use filtering at the runner level,
not Eclipse's. Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like
(example).

> -- from cmd-line, the test was run once

What was your command line (exactly)?

Dawid