lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Using term offsets for hit highlighting
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 12:15:16 GMT
ok man. I will try to merge up the branch. I tell you this is going to
be messy and it might not compile but I will make it reasonable so you
can start.

simon

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Alan Woodward
<alan.woodward@romseysoftware.co.uk> wrote:
> Sorry for vanishing for so long, life unexpectedly caught up with me...  I'm going to
have some time to look at this again next week though, if you're interested in picking it
up again.

> On 21 Mar 2012, at 09:02, Alan Woodward wrote:
>
>> That would be great, thanks!  I had a go at merging it last night, but there are
a *lot* of changes that I haven't got my head round yet, so it was getting pretty messy.

>> On 21 Mar 2012, at 08:49, Simon Willnauer wrote:
>>
>>> Alan, if you want I can just merge the branch up next week and we
>>> iterate from there?
>>>
>>> simon

work has already been done, which is exactly where I like to pick up projects.  :-)

trunk, and see what still fits?  I think there have been some fairly major changes in the
internals since July last year.

Alan - it's attached to one of the sub-issues https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3318.
  It is in a fairly complete "alpha" state, but has seen no production use of course, since
it relies on the remainder of the unfinished work in that branch.  It works by creating a
TokenStream based on match positions returned from the query and passing that to the existing
Highlighter.  Please feel free to get in touch if you decide to look into that and have questions.

the reporting of exact
not all of which are
 I'm working round this
and using the getSpans()