lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Re: New Jenkins for Windows and Linux
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 09:07:24 GMT
> "org.apache.solr.core.TestSolrDeletionPolicy1.testCommitAge fails almost
> always on Windows"
>
> It hasn't been failing for me. I just ran the tests again.
>
> This is on Windows 7 Home Premium on an i5-based notebook PC. Maybe it is
> sensitive to the particular environment or to some side effect of
> virtualization.

Hi,

I reproduced it (and other tests Solr also failing) with Windows on my
Local machine running Windows 7 Prof 64bit, too. I think those errors may
come from the fact that Windows does not allow writing/deleting files that
are already open. I almost never run Solr tests on my windows machine, as
it takes too long (horrible long), so I gave up on investigating this.

With this Jenkins installation we are now able to handle that.
I drilled down the windows tests to only run as a simple Jenkins Ant Build
step; I will also make a copy of these Jobs on one of Apache's Windows
slaves (if possible and works).