lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Solr-trunk - Build # 1865 - Failure
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 18:07:14 GMT

On May 25, 2012, at 12:26 PM, Dawid Weiss wrote:

> I don't think this can be explained by shutting down jetty... this
> seems too long. Can you provide a repeatable test case what would
> demonstrate the failure you mentioned? Once I have it it'll be easier
> to try to come up with workarounds.
>
> Dawid

No, I don't think it would be that easy to make a repeatable test case, so I don't think I'll
have near term time for it. This one is not really a practical issue, so low on my priority
list. It repeats on jenkins on the rare occasion ;)

Jetty seems more likely than the test framework to me - IW#close happens well before the test
is over, and in the main thread, and that is what is interrupted (waiting for merges to finish)...and
Jetty will send an interrupt on shutdown after the graceful shutdown timeout. Increasing that
timeout will drastically lessen the chances of it happening - but we start and shutdown jetty
serially, and that is likely why its so much longer - some tests use a lot of jetties.

Trying to stop jetties in parallel might be one thing to try obviously.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com