lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Clean-jars.
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 19:26:35 GMT
Hi Dawid,

After updating, I ran through all of the module test run configurations on IntelliJ, and one
test failed:

--------
java.lang.RuntimeException: There are overridden methods annotated with org.junit.Before.
These methods would not be executed by JUnit and need to manually chain themselves which can
lead to maintenance problems. Consider using different method names or make hook methods private.
Method: public void org.apache.lucene.util.junitcompat.TestBeforeAfterOverrides$Before1.before()#before[]
possibly overriden by public void org.apache.lucene.util.junitcompat.TestBeforeAfterOverrides$Before3.before()#before[]
	at org.apache.lucene.util.ValidateNoInstanceHooksOverrides.checkNoShadows(ValidateNoInstanceHooksOverrides.java:68)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.ValidateNoInstanceHooksOverrides.validate(ValidateNoInstanceHooksOverrides.java:45)
	at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.runCustomValidators(RandomizedRunner.java:1357)
	at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.runSuite(RandomizedRunner.java:595)
	at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.access$400(RandomizedRunner.java:132)
	at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$2.run(RandomizedRunner.java:551)
--------

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawid Weiss [mailto:dawid.weiss@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:57 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Clean-jars.

I've updated a jar dependency version -- you need to:

ant clean-jars resolve

Does anybody have anything against it if I make 'ant eclipse' depend on 'clean-jars resolve'
sequence? I am also tempted to make ant clean perform a cleanup of jar files since anything
else (ant test, etc.) does a resolve anyway...

Dawid