lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject [MAVEN] Heads up: build changes
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 17:31:51 GMT
If you use the Lucene/Solr Maven POMs to drive the build, I committed a major change last night
(see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3948 for more details):

* 'ant get-maven-poms' no longer places pom.xml files under the lucene/ and solr/ directories.
 Instead, they are placed in a new top-level directory: maven-build/.

* When you run 'mvn <whatever>' under maven-build/, build and test output now goes under
the conventional Maven target/ directories associated with each module's POM under the top-level
maven-build/ directory.  Maven build and test outputs are now completely separate from those
produced by the Ant build.

The above changes don't affect the 'ant generate-maven-artifacts' process - the top-level
maven-build/ directory is not involved.  (Instead, the 'generate-maven-artifacts' target calls
a separate target - 'filter-pom-templates' - to copy the POMs to lucene/build/poms/ and interpolate
their versions.)

Please let me know if you run into problems with the new setup.

Thanks,
Steve