lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Gregor Kaczor <gkac...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Lucene Index Size and Performance
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 16:24:36 GMT
Hi,
just for stats. Findfiles.net will be switched off by the end of this month.

FindFiles.net has  800.000.000 Documents (800 millions). 1KB per
Document. One Document has 11 mandatory and 10 optional fields.

Slave Indexes:
OS: Ubuntu 11.04
All 4 slave indexes 100 GB each are run on a 4 SSD 120GB in RAID 0, 24
GB RAM, Hexacore CPU  Intel i7. The 4 SSDs in RAID 0 reach about 600MB
per Second read performance.

Average Server load (top) 0.73, 0.89, 1.28
Daily average index response Time is: 0.73 seconds
Daily average requests about 12.000

Master Indexes:
OS: Ubuntu 11.04
2x 2TB SATA2, No RAID, 16GB RAM, Hexacore Intel CPU. Complete Reindex
time: 55 hours. Reindex based on SimplePostTool backed by a
multithreaded support which implements the producer-consumer pattern. 1
Producer Thread and 12 consumer Threads. Sing SimplePostTool

Hope that helps some of you for planning your own indexes.

Frontend is based on Wicket 1.4.19.
Backend is based on Solr 3.4.0

Kind Regards

Greg