lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject New Jenkins for Windows and Linux
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 23:45:39 GMT
Hi,

I set up a new Jenkins server that runs Linux and Windows builds (both 64
bit, running Java 7 and Java 6 latest): http://jenkins.sd-datasolutions.de

The machine is running Ubuntu and has a 64 bit Windows 7 Professional
installation in a VirtualBOX VM managed by the Jenkins Master and some local
scripts (Thanks to Garrett Serack for providing Apache with MSDN licenses).
If new failure emails are coming, please look at them. Robert and me found
out:

- The ongoing Solr test failures in TestReplicationHandler are also
happening (quite often on Linux, so definitely *not* an FreeBSD issue)
- org.apache.solr.core.TestSolrDeletionPolicy1.testCommitAge fails almost
always on Windows, I think the custom Deletion Policy of Solr does not work
correctly on Windows

You can see this as a test installation on my own company's (I am the owner)
server until we have a dedicated Ubuntu slave running at Apache or in any
other data center. The setup of the windows-slave in a VirtualBox on Linux
was doable, but complicated, so I can help with that (the problem was not
VirtualBox, it was Windows 7 with its horrible security setting regarding
DCOM/Remote Registry access and User Group rights). The windows box has now
2 NICs, one using NAT to internet for IVY & Co and one private one only for
communication between Jenkins master and slave, which is completely private
(it passes all horrible DCOM/SAMBA stuff between master and slave). Firewall
was turned off in Windows, otherwise it does not work (same applies to
spaces in windows user name -> bug in Jenkins :( )

Uwe
-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen